|7||Texas El Paso||2-6|
|8||Texas San Antonio||5-4|
Top 5 Players So Far:
- Nick King (MTSU) – 24.3 PT/g, 6.8 REB/g
- Jhivvan Jackson (UTSA) – 17.6 PT/g, 2 A/g
- Jon Elmore (Marshall) – 24.9 PT/g, 8.4 A/g
- Chris Cokley (UAB) – 18.1 PT/g, 10.1 REB/g
- Ajdin Penava (Marshall) – 17.9 PT/g, 3.6 BLK/g
- The top of the league is really good, but as a whole CUSA is much better than it was last year. Out of the 32 conferences I would power rate CUSA 15th. Compare that to 21st last year
- I’m not sure anyone has the quality wins that WKU has. Beating Purdue and SMU back to back was very impressive.
- Of course the question on everyone’s mind is if CUSA can get two teams in the Big Dance. Right now Im not sure. You start looking at the candidates who could get an at large. WKU is one with those quality wins. MTSU has 3 games coming up against top 70 opponents so they could make a case. I think those are the top at large options.
- WKU and MTSU will have serious hurdles to get through come conference time though. The top 5 teams are all capable of winning this league. Plus teams 6-10 are all going to be tough outs in the conference tourney. Marshall is team that on any given night can get hot and put up 90 points in a hurry. UTSA has a young team, but their FR guards are really good. I’m not sure I’ve seen a team yet, put out the effort like North Texas. They battle you for 40 mins. UTEP has the talent, and with the sudden retirement of Floyd they may rally.
- Conference play is going to start at the end of this month so strap yourselves in, because its going to be a wild ride.