Ed. note: Adam added his thoughts underneath Greg’s in italics.
- If UNT is going to win CUSA west its going to have to do it with strong road performances. The Rice and UTSA road games are going to be tough. Good news is both teams are replacing QB’s. Although I believe Rice will be okay at QB.
Beating the Conference Champs on the road ain’t no joke. Beating UTSA should be tough because they are a good team that plays hard. They also have a good coach. That means they won’t make it easy and won’t make stupid mistakes.
UNT’s opponents finished a combined 55-92 last year. *Outside of Southern Miss, which may be terrible forever and always, we learned from Tulane not to expect terribleness from everyone. *
Toughest home game will be against Southern Miss, but other than that every game should be a W. UNT has to go undefeated at home this year if they want a shot at the CUSA title.
We nearly wen’t undefeated at home last season. We don’t have the names coming back on defense, or the leadership at QB. Hopefully we make up with that with a step up in talent and desire?
- Whoever UNT’s QB will be gets a tough test in game one against UT, but then gets 3 very winnable home games to find his grove. I think that’s huge.
- Only 2 teams (Texas and Rice) went to bowl games. FAU and UTSA where both bowl eligible, but UTSA had to sit out do to them just joining NCAA Div I.
CUSA is pretty good ya’ll
- Best Non Conference game is against Texas. We have a legit shot to win our “opportunity” game this year.
I’m going to be more confident as we get closer but Charlie Strong is scary. Wish Mack Brown was there. I’d expect a let down from those guys.
- Best Conference game is against Rice. I still think they have nightmares about “THE STAND.” Oh wait they just got stuffed again!
DOUBLE-GOAL LINE STAND!!!
- Just saying if everything falls into place its not hard to see UNT winning 10 or 11 games. I dont feel crazy for saying that.
Yeah. Same. Totally can see us winning all these beside Texas.
- Glad to see UTSA is our last game. Could it end up being for a CUSA west title? Will revenge be served? Should be a fun match-up.
- This schedule is not really daunting or scary. Every game is winnable. Oh boy football can not start soon enough
2014 North Texas Football Schedule
Aug. 30 at Texas
Sept. 6 vs. SMU
Sept. 13 vs. La Tech*
Sept. 20 vs. Nicholls State
Sept. 27 Bye
Oct. 4 at Indiana
Oct. 11 at UAB*
Oct. 18 vs. Southern Miss*
Oct. 25 at Rice*
Nov. 1 Bye
Nov. 8 vs. Florida Atlantic*
Nov. 15 at UTEP*
Nov. 22 vs. FIU*
Nov. 29 at UTSA* *C-USA game