Good Morning Everyone!
North Texas will try to rebound from the SMU loss as they take on the Rice Owls this Saturday. Its the first home game and even though last week didnt look good there is still hope.
- Reason 1 for Hope – Its a home game!
- Reason 2 for Hope – North Texas won the last time they were home underdogs.
- Reason 3 for Hope – I saw a lot of missed opportunities on film. If UNT can correct those mental mistakes they could surprise Rice.
- Reason 4 for Hope – Rice has to come into Apogee and face a pissed off North Texas team. A team that is having a lot of hate spewed their way. Right now North Texas is a wounded animal and that makes them a very dangerous team.
- Reason 5 for Hope – Magical things happen at Apogee!
We will continue to update this post as the week goes on with more news items, predictions, and links to our own posts!
Mean Green Nation
- MGN Player Ratings – Madden Style Player ratings – I didn’t update these yet. They will be updated after 2 games. I want to see more action to fully grade their skills.
- MGN Podcast 48: Game day – Join us live Saturday morning (around 9-10am) as we provide y’all with Mean Green talk before the big game. Think of this as a little college gameday show, just for North Texas fans. We will be doing our podcast from that Tailgate area (Red/Blue lot) for those of you that want to stop by and join in on the fun.
Time: September 19, 2015 1:30 pm CT
Location: Apogee Stadium, Denton TX
Line: Rice -8.5
Radio: KHYI 95.3 FM KNTU 88.1 FM KGAF 1580 AM
North Texas Season Record: 0-1
Rice Season Record: 1-1
Series Record: Rice leads 3-2
Last 5 Matchups:
- 2014 Rice W 41-21 – MGN Recap
- 2013 North Texas W 28-16 – MGN Recap – MGN Live Blog Archive
- 2010 Rice W 32-31 – MGN Recap
- 2008 Rice W 77-20
- 1988 North Texas W 33-17