Fantasy football is fun, and most of us play it. However, most of us only play NFL fantasy football. Well fantasy football for college can be just as fun if not more fun. So I thought we should have a little fun on a Friday. Lets put together a fantasy football mock draft for CUSA only. I think this is much better than putting together an All Conference list. Below you’ll see the results of a 4 team fantasy football mock snake draft. Feel free to comment, critique, and criticize.
|QB||Brent Stockstill, So., Middle Tennessee|
|RB||Aaron Jones, Sr., UTEP|
|RB||Alex Gardner, Jr., FIU|
|WR||Taywan Taylor, Sr., WKU|
|WR||Carlos Henderson, Jr., Louisiana Tech|
|WR||Austin Duke, Sr., Charlotte|
|TE||Kelvin Smith, Fr., North Texas|
|K||Jay Mattox, Sr., UTEP|
- Stockstill should be a fantasy machine under new OC Tony Franklin.
- Jones returns after an injury kept him out last year. He should put up big numbers again behind a great OL.
- Marshall is probably the best defense in CUSA.
- Gardner is a bit of a sleeper. He had 246 (186 carries 60 receptions) touches last year.
- Taylor is WKU’s best WR, but who is throwing him the ball?
- Kelvin Smith?!? Well he did have a huge spring game for NT. He may see a huge number of targets for the Mean Green this year. Could be sleeper pick of the year.
|QB||Nick Mullens, Sr., Southern Miss|
|RB||Kalif Phillips, Sr., Charlotte|
|RB||Jeffrey Wilson, Jr., North Texas|
|WR||Trent Taylor, Sr., Louisiana Tech|
|WR||Deon-Tay McManus, Jr., Marshall|
|WR||Zach Wright, Sr., Rice|
|TE||Hayden Plinke, Sr., UTEP|
|K||Jonathan Barnes, Jr., Louisiana Tech|
- Mullens didnt go first? Probably because he lost a lot of weapons, and his coaches.
- Phillips and Wilson could have amazing years or they could struggle behind suspect OL’s.
- Taylor is another WR who could suffer from his QB play. He still is a key COG in the Tech offense.
- McManus should have a break-out year.
- Plinke should benefit from Aaron Jones being back, and new QB Zach Greenlee.
|QB||Chase Litton, So., Marshall|
|RB||Ito Smith, Jr., Southern Miss|
|RB||Jarveon Williams, Sr., UTSA|
|WR||DJ Thompson Sr., Southern Miss|
|WR||Tee Goree,So., North Texas|
|WR||Nicholas Norris, Sr., WKU|
|TE||Jonnu Smith, Sr., FIU|
|K||Nick Smith, Jr., Marshall|
- Smith and Williams are dynamic backs that will produce in the running game and passing game.
- Thompson is set-up to be Mullens go-to target this year.
- Goree is a sleeper. North Texas will throw the ball more so somebody has to catch’em.
- Norris was a great get that late in the draft.
- Jonnu Smith is the best TE in CUSA.
|QB||Alex McGough, Jr., FIU|
|RB||Ray Lawry, Jr., Old Dominion|
|RB||Anthony Wales, Sr., WKU|
|WR||Richie James, So., Middle Tennessee|
|WR||Zach Pascal, Sr., Old Dominion|
|WR||Kerry Thomas Jr. ,Jr., UTSA|
|TE||Ryan Yurachek, Jr., Marshall|
|K||Trevor Moore Jr., North Texas|
- After the 3 top QB’s were gone it was wise to get talent before taking a QB.
- McGough was a safe pick.
- McGough had a solid year last year, but there were other QBs who could put up bigger numbers.
- James put up huge numbers last year, and should have a great year. POY candidate.
- Wales may lose carries with Leon Allen back.
- Lawry is the best player for ODU.
- Thomas is and under the radar guy, who might have a huge year.
- FAU could challenge Marshall for the best defense.
|1||QB||Brent Stockstill, So., Middle Tennessee|
|2||QB||Nick Mullens, Sr., Southern Miss|
|3||RB||Ito Smith, Jr., Southern Miss|
|4||WR||Richie James, So., Middle Tennessee|
|5||RB||Ray Lawry, Jr., Old Dominion|
|6||QB||Chase Litton, So., Marshall|
|7||RB||Kalif Phillips, Sr., Charlotte|
|8||RB||Aaron Jones, Sr., UTEP|
|9||WR||Taywan Taylor, Sr., WKU|
|10||WR||Trent Taylor, Sr., Louisiana Tech|
|11||RB||Jarveon Williams, Sr., UTSA|
|12||RB||Anthony Wales, Sr., WKU|
|13||WR||Zach Pascal, Sr., Old Dominion|
|14||WR||DJ Thompson Sr., Southern Miss|
|15||RB||Jeffrey Wilson, Jr., North Texas|
|16||RB||Alex Gardner, Jr., FIU|
|17||WR||Carlos Henderson, Jr., Louisiana Tech|
|18||WR||Deon-Tay McManus, Jr., Marshall|
|19||TE||Jonnu Smith, Sr., FIU|
|20||WR||Kerry Thomas Jr. ,Jr., UTSA|
|21||TE||Ryan Yurachek, Jr., Marshall|
|22||WR||Nicholas Norris, Sr., WKU|
|23||TE||Hayden Plinke, Sr., UTEP|
|24||WR||Austin Duke, Sr., Charlotte|
|26||WR||Zach Wright, Sr., Rice|
|27||WR||Tee Goree,So., North Texas|
|29||QB||Alex McGough, Jr., FIU|
|31||K||Jonathan Barnes, Jr., Louisiana Tech|
|32||TE||Kelvin Smith, Fr., North Texas|
|33||K||Jay Mattox, Sr., UTEP|
|35||K||Nick Smith, Jr., Marshall|
|36||K||Trevor Moore Jr., North Texas|
This is fun. So much of the QB/RB production will come from the OL’s though. I suppose we should take that into account when thinking about their places.
You must log in to post a comment.