We do not often do this, but we have a little time on this Friday so we can talk about Beyond The Green this week.
- Brandon Garner has long been one of my favorite players. Joking on the sideline and on the field is great — life is short and there is no reason to go through all of it in misery. His recap of his career was an exercise in anti-nostalgia. I, too, remember the highs of the HOD bowl win and the lows of the 2015 season.
- All the talk about physically dominating an opponent and crushing their souls and whatnot was a sharp contrast to this piece by Drew Magary, in which he discusses the departed John Gagliardi, who famously eschewed such talk.
- Is it me, or does Seth Littrell look like he runs out of things to say on the pregame and halftime speeches? It looks like he is trying to remember a point.
- Graham Harrell saying that the reason NT could not run was because of lack of effort was interesting. Mostly, it was missed blocks from my perspective.
- I have seen too many of these types of shows — from the original: Hard Knocks to the Amazon stuff, to the Netflix things, to these — that (while still very good) I can see the seams. There is room for some variety in presentation, no?