No one thought Seth Littrell’s first recruiting class was going to be spectacular. Look at the facts, Littrell is a 1st time head coach stepping into an ugly situation. The previous staff left the recruiting board pretty much bare. Plus Littrell had to spend time hiring a quality staff. I still expected more from Littrell than what I’ve seen. Now I didn’t expect him to sign a full class, but I did expect him to land a couple of really good prospects. I was expecting a few 3 star guys with 5 plus offers. Instead we’ve seen a lot of the under radar guys. We still have a few days till signing day, but I’m skeptical that we see a flurry of commits. Right now per 247.com UNT has the worst class in the country and it’s actually rated below 12 FCS schools.
One thing I really wanted Littrell to do with his first class was find a QB for the now and one for the future. He has done that. I like Alec Morris as solid option for next year and I also like Mason Fine as a developmental project. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see one more QB commit.
I’ve found it pretty telling the number of WR’s that North Texas has gone after in this class. It’s very clear that this new staff is not content with the current play makers on this roster. I mean why would they be? Who on the current roster stands out as a guy that is a play maker? Tee Goree? Tee Goree like the other WRs on the roster are being pitched as potential play makers. Key word there is potential. Those guys haven’t done much to solidify their status as play makers. It will be interesting to see who NT ends up as offensive skill players in this class. This is who North Texas currently has committed as WRs:
With the move to the 4-2-5 defense North Texas has targeted every position on defense. North Texas has been able to land a few DLinemen and DB’s. Outside of transfer DT Bryce English no one really jumps off the page at you. This new staff has identified the DB as a real area of need. They’ve put out quite a few offers since starting. Not sure any off the list below will end up committing to UNT. I think the one to watch maybe Jameel Moore.
Here is a list of guys that have some UNT interest and could end up being UNT commits on National Signing Day next Wednesday. I’m going to guess UNT lands 8 guys off this list.
- DB Jameel Moore, Cedar Hill
- OL Cody Hayes, JUCO Navarro
- WR Jason Pirtle, Locust Grove
- WR Timmy Wilson, Plano East
- ATH Tyler Natee, Euless Trinity
- LB La’Daruys Hamilton, Corrigan
- DB Joseph Putu, North Dakota State College of Science
- QB Augie Debiase, Jacksonville Raines
- LB Ejodamen Ejiya, North Dakota State College of Science
- DL DeQuinton Osborne, JUCO Kilgore
- WR Jay Griffin IV, Huntsville
- WR Darrioin Landry, JUCO Blinn
- WR Devin Elliott, JUCO Jones County
- RB Nick Smith, Arlington Martin
- WR Jeshua Hodges, Irving MacArthur
- OL Chandler Pavlik, Chisholm Trail
- OL T.J Fiailoa, Lawton MacArthur
- OL Chandler Anthony, Tuttle OK
- RB Duke Carter, Mansfield Lake Ridge
- DE Dean Taylor, Pearland
- LS Justin Warner, Angleton
- DL Maquedius Bain, Pearl River C.C.
Be First to Comment
You must log in to post a comment.