So I spent countless hours pouring over data to try and rank these teams. I broke 45 calculators, 29 pencils, and lost years off of my life for this power ranking. I’m sure plenty of people are going to hate on them. Thats fine, but unlike some other writers and prediction services out there I put a good amount of time into this. These numbers were not some “WAG (Wild Ass Guess)”, but most preseason ratings are WAGs anyways so maybe this is one too. Either way this WAG was done with some study and science to it.
- I said awhile back that it would different then the Media.
- WKU wasnt #1 because I’m not sold on their defense or coach.
- MTSU is ranked higher than most people would’ve thought because they have a great amount of production returning, their defense will be stout, and I believe they have better all around talent than WKU.
- To me Marshall is still going to be really good. They lost Cato, but still rank in the top 5 in almost every unit for CUSA.
- Louisiana Tech is still the team to beat in CUSA West, but LaTech has a ways to go to catch the teams in the East.
- Rice has had a great couple of years. A lot of people are expecting them to be good again. I think they have down year. They aren’t as talented this year.
- FIU is my sleeper team in the East. Good QB, good production coming back, and will have a top 3 defense in CUSA.
- Southern Miss & UTEP are teams to watch out for in the West. One of these teams will be competing with Tech for the division.
- UTSA is probably better on the field than their rating, but they are replacing a lot so they are the biggest unknown in CUSA.
- Charlotte will be interesting to watch with a lot of production returning.
- I have North Texas as the 4th best team in CUSA West, but with better QB play they could turn into a sleeper team and challenge Tech.
Mean Green Nation Preseason Preview Series
I’m no expert, but I enjoy putting together a decent preview for the NT football season. This year I’ve listed out what to look forward to in our Preseason Preview.
North Texas Player Ratings (Madden Style)
North Texas Stat Predictions
North Texas Bold Predictions